Last Updated: June 19, 2018
What Information is collected from you?
- Registration Information. When you register to use the Services, we may ask you to provide certain information, including your name, username, password, e-mail, date of birth, gender, address and music, artist or band preferences.
- Payment Information. If you make any purchase on or through the Services, your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card type, number and expiration date) and related information (e.g., physical address) may be collected by us and/or our third party payment processors.
- Usage Data and Technical Information. The Services include features that automatically collect certain information, which may include the unique device identifier assigned to your device, Third Party Platform anonymous identifiers, and other information regarding your use of the Services to, among other things, assist us in authenticating your usage and/or device, keeping track of your preferences, creating a more tailored user experience and better serving your particular interests and needs. The Services and/or third parties may use “cookies,” (which are small data files containing information about you that is stored on your hard drive), “embedded scripts”, “pixel tags” and other similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect information automatically as you interact with the Services. Such information may include “clickstream” data, the domain name of the service providing you with Internet access, your device type and attributes, Internet protocol (IP) address, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE), browser type and version, operating system and platform, the average time spent on the Services, pages viewed, content searched for, access times and other relevant statistics, and your interactions with playlists, audiovisual content, other users of the Services, advertising, and products and services which are offered, linked to or made available on or through the Services. Such information may be collected by us and/or our third-party service providers and partners. Certain Tracking Technologies enable us to customize your experience on the Services and provide tailored recommendations, promotions, advertisements and other content relating to your specific interests. Other Tracking Technologies are used to make login to the Services easier (such as by remembering your user ID) and allow us to collect non- specific location information. For example, we need to know which country you are in, as some of our content licenses may be location-specific.
- Third Party Platform Information. If you access the Services via your Third Party Platform account (e.g., by logging in to the Services using your Third Party Platform account credentials) and/or integrate your The Guestology Group, Inc. account with your Third Party Platform account, we may collect certain information from the Third Party Platform, such as your username and other information you provided to the Third Party Platform in connection with your account (e.g., name, country, date of birth, gender and e-mail address).You can adjust your settings and preferences with respect to Third Party Platforms. We provide you with the ability to adjust certain privacy, permission and user account settings via the Services. For example, you can control whether your user profile is visible to the public and/or to other users of the Services. You can also control whether or not you want to share certain information (such as your playlists or videos that you have viewed) on Third Party Platforms. You also may be able to adjust certain privacy, permission and user account settings by responding to request alerts or notifications that may be presented to you on your device prior to or following the collection of the relevant information or by navigating to the settings, account or privacy section (as the case may be) of your device or the applicable Third Party Platform and limiting certain Service functionality (e.g., location services, etc.). Please be aware that if you limit the collection of certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Services.
- Information Collected By Advertising Service Providers. The Services may also use third party advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers and other third parties (collectively, “Third Party Advertising Service Providers”) that may employ cookies and similar technologies to collect information about your interaction with the Services, your web browsing activity and your device, including your IP address, device type and other identifiers, browser type, web pages visited, non-precise location information, and information about your interaction with advertisements. Further information on the types of information collected by Third Party Advertising Service Providers is described herein, how such information may be used and your choices pertaining to such collection and use.
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
How is the collected information used?
With whom do we share the collected information?
You can unsubscribe or opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications by following the specific instructions included in such communications. Please note that opt-out and unsubscribe requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties. Also, please note that we may still send you emails regarding changes to our policies and/or the features and functionality of the Services or in connection with a purchase via the Services or other purposes specifically relating to your account and/or use of the Services. We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for purposes of responding to you, for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better.
We may share, disclose and/or sell certain information about you, your device and your interaction with the Services with Third Party Advertising Service Providers in an anonymized, de- identified format, as further described herein. We may also share, disclose and/or sell to third parties aggregated data regarding our users’ access to and use of the Services. To the extent that your information is included in such aggregated data, it will be in an anonymized, de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
Your The Guestology Group, Inc. user profile (including your profile picture and your list of friends or connections on the Services) may be set to “private” by default, meaning that it may not be shared with other users of the Services, unless you adjust your privacy settings to allow such sharing. However, the Services may include features that allow you to connect on the Services with people you know, by accessing your contact list, address book or friends on Third Party Platforms (if you choose to make such information available to us), and such features may allow other users to see your name and/or username, even if your user profile is set to “private”. Such features may also allow other users to send you a request to connect with you on the Services, and, if you accept such requests, your user profile will be shared with such users, even if your user profile is set to “private”. In addition, you may have the ability to share other content that you submit with other users of the Services and Third Party Platforms. In such cases, certain information associated with such content may also be disclosed, such as your username. Subject to your user account preferences and privacy settings (as further described herein we may disclose any content that you make available on the Services.
We use third-party service providers to assist us in efficiently providing the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions offered by the Services, and we may disclose your personal and other information to these service providers solely to the extent necessary for them to provide such services to us and our affiliates. These service providers may temporarily store certain information on their servers, but they may only use your information to provide The Guestology Group, Inc. with a specific service. We will not authorize them to use your information for any other purpose and will require them to agree to keep your information secure and confidential.
How can you provide, update or correct your information?
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by linking to your account in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Website.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this Website. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
You may change certain privacy preferences (e.g., choose to cease receiving certain communications or ask us not to share your personal information with a particular third party) as needed. If you ask The Guestology Group, Inc. to stop using your personal information, we will honor that request, provided that we may retain a record of such information as necessary to comply with applicable law and we may continue to use your contact information to contact you about your Services-related transactions and to respond to your requests, as well as your IP address to determine the country in which you are accessing the Services. Other privacy preferences (e.g., hiding your user profile, deactivating your user account, etc.) may be made by modifying your user account settings on the Services, your device and/or the applicable Third Party Platform. You always have the right to access, review and correct the personal information you have provided and generally you may review, update or delete certain information collected by the Services at any time by accessing your user account as described herein.
What Security Precautions Are In Place To Protect Against The Loss, Misuse, Or Alteration Of Your Information?
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge, as a further condition on use of Services, that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
While no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure from intrusion, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We also limit access to the Services by our own employees, contractors, service providers and those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information. We request that our third party contractors and service providers follow similar standards of security and confidentiality as those followed by The Guestology Group, Inc.. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts to prevent the same and we therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
Are your rights different based on your location or age?
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options such as your right to opt out or opt in for use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that have received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to our Privacy Administrator. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”, include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
The Guestology Group, Inc. recognizes the need to adequately protect the privacy of all if its users, especially children. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Website. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
The Services are not intended for or directed at children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Please visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy online. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act): We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
When you have provided consent and/or to the extent permitted by applicable privacy or data protection laws, your personal information may be transferred to, stored, processed and/or used by The Guestology Group, Inc. on servers in the United States and/or the locations and servers of any The Guestology Group, Inc. affiliate and/or service provider that transfers, stores, processes or uses personal information on The Guestology Group, Inc.’s behalf. When this involves transferring your personal information from the European Economic Area to areas outside the European Economic Area, The Guestology Group, Inc. will seek to provide an adequate level of data protection according to EU standards. If you access the Services in any country outside the European Union, the data controller is The Guestology Group, Inc..
How do you contact us?
The Guestology Group, Inc.
327 S. Latigo Canyon Road
Malibu, California 90265
What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy Online?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
© 2018 The Guestology Group, Inc., a California corporation, dba Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club ALL RIGHTS RESERVED